Monday 29 August 2011

Dear mum,


Dear Mum, 
Having a mum like you while growing up was the greatest gift and biggest advantage anyone could ever have given me. It is because of the confidence and values that you gave me that made me who I am today. Thank you for shaping me into a person who I like and am proud to be. Thank you letting me believe that I could be whoever I wanted to be, do whatever I wanted to do, there were no limitations other than my drive, ambition and creativity.
Having you in my life through out my faults and achievements has been a literal life and sanity saver for me. If there was a book on how to be the perfect mum, it would have you as the role model.
Thank you for your support through out my journeys.
Thank you for taking me to hospital and sitting with me through all those hard times from when I was little to the times that was hard through this year. Thank you for always having hope for me when I didn’t have for myself.
Thank you for telling me not to give up when I said I couldn’t do it any more.
Thank you for never giving up on me when I went through that dark period, when I shut every one out of my life. When loving me must have been like trying to hold a cactus. Thank you for loving me through all of my rejections of help and love.
Thankyou for coming to the hospital with me when I had lost my little one and when you looked after me. Thank you for being there for me, when other people didn’t know what to do with me or for me when I was so raw with grief.
Thank you for being such a wonderful mum. Thank you for being so wonderful when your own childhood was so hard. I am sorry you never got to experience how wonderful it is to have a loving caring mum. Thank you for not allowing the cycle to repeat itself, it could have happened so easily.
Thank you thank you thank you. For a million things, for everything. I don’t know what I would do without you. There are so many many more things, small things, big things.
Thank you mum, I love you, more than words can ever express. xxxxxxxxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment